Beginning 2019, Prairie Wind Players is working through the development of a set of strategic plans to guide the organization and its efforts for the next 5-10 years. Through an inclusive process involving patrons, volunteers, sponsors and stakeholders, and the general public, we’re collecting information to inform these plans.
A high-level overview of our timeline and milestones follow:
- April, 2019: Announce initiative of strategic planning
- June-November, 2019: Broad input survey for stakeholders and patrons of PWP
- December, 2019-January, 2020: Follow-up with stakeholders, partners, and members in focused activities
- December, 2019-March, 2020: Synthesize results and draft themes, priorities, and opportunities to share with PWP members (annual meeting)
- March-December, 2020: Draft strategic plan and identify priority activities
- Summer, 2020: Create actionable plans for priority projects and implement where possible due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- January, 2020 – March 2021: Publish strategic plan
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its unforeseen impacts on the operations of Prairie Wind Players, the Board of Directors chose to implement certain high-priority projects of the yet-unpublished strategic plan. A full cancellation of the season afforded levels of access and amounts of time not normally available in a standard year.
Through the winter of 2020-21, a more formal strategic plan and supplemental working documents will be published for members and patrons.